UNIFIED TITLE COMPANY / COVID-19 UPDATE
(Effective Date March 23, 2020)
We continue to adjust to the ever-changing business landscape. Below is an update to Unified Title Company policies and procedures.
We remain at our offices examining titles, preparing files for closing, conducting closings, answering phone calls and returning e-mails. Our regular hours are Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM. Please note that some of our employees are working remotely.
- We continue to follow the recommended precautions from federal, state and local health officials.
- We have temporarily suspended employee travel to out-of-office closings and services that involve large gatherings, including classroom instruction and out-of-office events that we sponsor.
- We have also temporarily suspended in-person closing services. Closing options are as follows –
- Mail-out signings.
- Electronic signings – this option is available for cash buyers only (at this time, Colorado law does not provide for remote notarization).
- Drive-up signings. A Unified Title Company employee will bring documents to the signer’s car and then collect them after signing. A licensed notary (generally the same person) will take acknowledgements and perform notary services. Drive-up signers should not leave until receiving confirmation that all documents are properly signed and notarized. Drive-up signers may be asked to wait for funding authorization (e.g., from a buyer’s lender) and/or to receive a check.
Copy packages will be delivered electronically.
To the extent possible, we would prefer to disburse file funds by wire; however, we will accommodate special circumstances.
Thank you for your trust and your continued support of Unified Title Company.